While getting married is a serious business, there’s no reason why you can’t have lots of fun on your big day. We know how to create fun wedding receptions Melbourne guests rave about – it’s all about being creative and not taking yourself too seriously. Here are twenty simple (and not so simple) ideas to inject some fun into your wedding day:
- Have a photo booth at your wedding venue, Melbourne has plenty of photo booth hire companies
- Instead of carrying a bouquet of flowers down the aisle, take some bright balloons with you.
- Even better, give all your guests a balloon of a different colour for an awesome, colourful group photo opportunity.
- Hire a professional comedian to act as the MC at your wedding reception
- If you are going to have children attending your wedding, consider hiring a clown, magician or children’s entertainer to keep them happy
- Give some Polaroid cameras to select guests and watch the camera bring people together
- Instead of hiring cars to transport you and your bridal party to your wedding venue, get some vintage bicycles and ride there for a memorable entrance and a fun experience
- If cycling isn’t your thing, go one step further and hire a vintage scooter or motorbike and get to your reception that way (just make sure you have a licensed driver to take you).
- Have a lucky door prize for your guests at your wedding reception. Simply hide a sticker under a plate. Whoever sits at that place is the lucky winner.
- Put on a post-wedding recovery brunch at your wedding reception venue. Simply book the venue for the day after the wedding and provide a light champagne breakfast for your guests who choose to come along. It’s a great way to see everyone again in a more casual environment and provide something a little extra for your guests.
- If you are having a garden wedding, use the space to set up games for the guests. Quoits, croquet, mini golf, giant Jenga and darts are all great options.
- Forget the traditional cake and replace with a dessert bar full of chocolate, lollies, glazed donuts, mini cupcakes, cookies and other sweet treats.
- Set up a table or booth full of love-themed temporary tattoos for guests to have fun with. Think love hearts, cupid and words like LOVE. Adults and kids will love having fun putting temporary tattoos on each other.
- Put together a childhood photo board of you and your partner. People love looking at silly childhood photos and it will be good for older guests to reminisce of your 1hildhood too!
- Set up a Go Pro camera in the corner of the wedding reception venue to make a fun time lapse video of your wedding reception.
- Skip the traditional Saturday morning wedding date and time and book your wedding for a Friday night instead. You could book a venue where you say your vows, then have dinner and party on all night long.
- Encourage guests to kick off their shoes to dance. You’ll have the dancefloor full in no time.
- Set up a Spotify playlist online and inform guests to contribute their favourite songs before the wedding. A good time to do this is to include the information about contributing to your wedding playlist on the invitations.
- At the reception, switch the attire of the bride and groom to something more light and fun. A cocktail dress for the bride and lounge suit for the groom are a good place to start.
- If you have a treasured pet, bring the pet along to the wedding. By law, they may not be allowed in the church or reception venue (check first!) but can still be a part of the day by taking part in the official photos.
[call_to_action title=”Enquire Today – Call 9370 8717″ btn_text=”Enquire Online” btn_type=”primary” btn_action=”url” url=”#talktous”]
Talk to the friendly, helpful team at Ascot House about your upcoming wedding.